Financial aid eligible students enrolled in a degree seeking or financial aid eligible certificate program who have completed their 2020-2021 FAFSA application may be considered for federal financial aid to assist with winter costs. For financial aid purposes, the winter term, combined with the spring semester, are considered a single term.
Federal Pell Grant eligible students, enrolled less than full time during the spring semester, may be eligible for Pell Grant funds based on their completed winter coursework. Students who are eligible for an increase to their spring Pell Grant award based on completed winter credits will be notified after the end of the spring registration add/drop period.
Winter financing options include:
- Students enrolled 6 credits or more for the combined winter/spring term may:
- Request to reinstate or maximize their Direct Loan eligibility by emailing email@example.com from their UMB email account.
- Dependent undergraduate students may ask their Parent to apply for a Federal Direct Parent Plus loan online.
- Graduate students may apply for a Federal Direct Graduate Plus loan online.
- Degree and non-degree seeking students may apply for private loan funds.
- Students enrolled for winter and spring courses may enroll in a payment plan.